Social Responsibility Day 2015
The main event of the day was held at the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange where 250 attendees including CEOs of leading participating companies gathered for the unveiling of the Maala 2015 CSR Index results and the announcement of the Diversity In Business awards.
According to Momo Mahadav, Maala’s CEO: “A company participating in the Index invests both in itself and in the general effort of promoting corporate social responsibility in Israel. This is important and crucial to the relationship building between the Israeli public and the business community as well as the international aspect of showcasing improved standards by the Israeli business community.
This year we are witnessing improvements in company’s performance in diversifying the workforce, higher donations and enhanced transparency”
• 8 new companies joined the Index amongst them: Shikun & Binui, Excellence, Dan Hotels, Tempo, Zeraim-Gedera (Syngetna)
• A new Midcap Index was introduced. New Entrants: TermoKir, Hanan Mor, Aroma Israel and others.
• Highest rates of employee volunteering in Hi – tech sector: 57% followed by the financial sector 30%
• No change in rate of women in managerial positions: 22% women in management 20% women on Boards
• Higher donation percentage among participating companies: average donation of 1% of profit before tax | Non-participating companies listed on the Tel Aviv 100 Index: 0.1% average donation of profit before tax
“Israeli Business contribute socially to the environment they operate within, they have the power to lead a positive change beyond their operations by: employing workers from underrepresented populations such as :Israeli-Arabs, ultraorthodox, people with disabilities, protecting the environment, investing in communities, improving working conditions and developing their workforce”.
Maala’s 2015 index consists of 85 companies, an overall turnover of 335 billion NIS. The aggregated number of employees of all participating companies is 250,000.
Diversity in Business Awards
As part of the “Social Responsibility Day” Maala and The Israeli Forum For Diversity Hiring announced today the winners of second “Business in Diversity” awards.
The awards are given to companies showcasing outstanding investment in diversity and inclusion. The 2015 winners are:
Strategic Integration of A Diversified Workforce Award : Bank Hapoalim
Integrating Workers with Disabilities Award: Fishman Group
Integrating and Promoting Ethiopian Israelis in the Workplace Award: Clalit Healthcare
Maala Chairperson: Micky Adiv, CEO of G4S Israel
Maala CEO: Momo Mahadav
Photo Gallery from the event: